Apply now for Mechanical Engineer-Rolling Stock Rail & Transit Engineering. See Job snapshot below:
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Engineering
- Education: 4 Year Degree
- Experience: Not Specified
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Industry: Other Great Industries
- Required Travel: Not Specified
- Job ID: R-002927
Mechanical Engineer-Rolling Stock Rail & Transit Engineering Canada – Apply now
Job Description: Mechanical Engineer-Rolling Stock Rail & Transit Engineering Canada
- Provide rail vehicle mechanical systems engineering services to SNCL clients with subject matter expertise in:
- Procurement engineering support of new or overhauled rail vehicles
- Engineering support for all rolling stock systems and subsystems on a variety of assignments
- Engineering support for technical specifications for functional and subsystems, including testing, maintenance, training requirements and overhauls
- Perform technical reviews of vehicle and subsystem designs for transit and railway fleets, analyze technical requirements and prepare appropriate review comments
- Assess performance and specification compliance with respect to contractual documents, FRA, APTA, EN and other applicable standards
- Perform oversight and witnessing of design documentation, analysis and testing
- Support system integration of vehicle subsystems and complete vehicles from different suppliers for compatibility and functional performance
- Proactively identifying and resolving key safety risks in all relevant projects.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with SNC-Lavalin’s procedures, including quality procedures and safety management system.
Key Outputs: Mechanical Engineer-Rolling Stock Rail & Transit Engineering Canada
- Conducting thorough and in depth design reviews
- Preparation of presentations and reports
- Preparation of technical minutes of meetings
- Timely completion of time booking and expense submittal
- Maintain professional confidentiality relating to client information
- Maintain professional expertise by participating in approved Continuing Professional Development programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing high quality rail vehicle systems engineering and project support on multiple projects focused on mechanical systems
- Providing professional level of service at all points of contact with the client, including email, phone and face to face meetings.
- Delivering output in line with the quality standards of SNCL
- Achieving on-time task deliverables
- Building organizational knowledge of rail system technology, regulations, requirements, and guidelines
- Supporting proposal development as assigned
- Pursuing professional development in industry areas and technical knowledge
- Following business policies, protocols and procedures
- Working well in a team environment where team members may not necessarily be co-located.
Qualifications: Mechanical Engineer-Rolling Stock Rail & Transit Engineering Canada
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus seven (7) to ten (10) years relevant experience required.
- Relevant experience includes:
- Rolling stock design and/or manufacturing, plus experience with the vehicle fleet procurement process;
- Working with a rail vehicle manufacturer in the area of mechanical systems as a design or production engineer;
- Machine design, structural design, welding metallurgy, manufacturing processes, design for manufacturing;
- Classical stress analysis, linear and non-linear Finite Analysis and vibration analysis;
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of industrial standards and codes, including, ASTM, ASME, ANSI, AWS, Federal and Military Standards, NFPA;
- Familiarity with vehicle and subsystems from key market suppliers in order to perform detailed design product reviews and reports;
- Knowledge of EN and industrial standards;
- Direct experience with the design and manufacturing of rail vehicles and/or locomotive components, including, carbody, trucks, brakes, Crash Energy Management (CEM) systems.
- Professional Engineering Status (or equivalent) will be beneficial.
Mechanical Engineer-Rolling Stock Rail & Transit Engineering Canada – Apply