Prepare Coconut Oil. Coconut Oil is widely used recently in various African Homes, we have prepared this article on the Simple Steps to Prepare Coconut Oil in Your Home. this is to enable you Prepare Coconut Oil by your self in your various homes without any stress. With the numerous health benefits and uncountable uses of coconut oil, you should be making your own Coconut Oil at home.
If you can, it is better to watch the video below for the procedure.
- Break the coconuts with a heavy blunt object.
- When done, pry out the coconut meat from the coconut shell with a knife. Once the coconut is mature, the coconut meat should come out of the shell easily.
- Rinse the pieces of coconut thoroughly and cut them into small pieces to help your blender.
- For best results, we need to blend the coconuts with warm water. So boil some water and mix with cool water to get warm water.
- Grind the pieces of coconut with the diluted hot water till smooth. Depending on the quantity you are making, you may need to grind in batches.
- Pour in a sieve to separate the coconut milk from the chaff. Then press with your hands to squeeze out the last drop.
- Grind the chaff a second time to get more coconut milk.
- Use a sieve with a finer mesh to remove the tiniest particles from the coconut milk.
- When done, cover the bowl of coconut milk and keep it in the fridge overnight. You do not have a fridge or NEPA took light?
- The next morning, you will see that the coconut oil has separated from the water and caked beautifully on top like a frozen lake. Yours did not cake?
- Take the caked white coconut oil and place in a clean dry stainless steel pot. The water remaining in the bowl still has some coconut taste and can be used to boil White Rice, prepare Jollof Coconut Rice, White Coconut Rice and any other recipe that calls for coconut milk.
- Cover the pot and start cooking on low to medium heat. If you notice any smoke at any time as you cook, reduce the heat to very low.
- Keep an eye on the pot and stir from time to time. Cook till you notice some charred coconut bits in the oil. I cooked the one in the video below for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Set the pot aside so the coconut oil can cool down to a comfortable temperature.
- Sieve with a chiffon cloth or a cheese cloth to remove the charred bits. If you still notice any charred bits in the sieved coconut oil, sieve again with a paper towel. Store in your cupboard and use when you wish.
- That’s it! Use coconut oil for cooking, for your hair and body. Google for other uses of coconut oil.
Prepare Coconut Oil