Travel Documents to U.S.A. for Foreign Residents Returning to the U.S.

Travel Documents to U.S.A. for Foreign Residents – If you have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), or are a foreign citizen living in the U.S., you may need additional documents to return to the U.S. after traveling abroad. Obtain these necessary documents from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before your trip:

Also Read : Canadian Visa Lottery 2017/2018 Application Form is Now Online – Apply Here

Permanent and Conditional Residents

1.Absent for one year or longer:

.Apply for a re-entry permit using Form I-131 – Application for Travel Document.
.The permit is valid for two years from the date of issue for Permanent Residents; up to two years for Conditional Residents.

2.Absent for less than one year:
.No additional document is required.
.Show your Green Card upon your return.

All Other Foreign Citizens Living in the U.S.

.Contact USCIS and your country’s embassy or consulate for all document requirements.

Note: If you need a travel document, but left the United States without obtaining one, contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for assistance:

.United States: Call 1-800-375-5283; for TTY dial 1-800-767-1833
.Abroad: Contact the nearest USCIS international office or a U.S. Embassy or consulate.

Always check back to get the latest updates about Travel Documents to U.S.A. for Foreign Residents.


If you need us to help you with information at the right time Travel Documents to U.S.A. for Foreign Residents, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question any time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!