ATTAINING YOUR GOAL OF ATTENDING USMA BEGINS NOW WITH WHAT YOU DO IN HIGH SCHOOL
United States Military Academy USMA West Point Admissions Guide – BEING ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION to the United States Academy USMA at West Point is an exceptional honor reserved for our nation’s most exceptional students. but it takes more than excellent grades to be accepted for admission. USMA also wants leaders who are physically fit and of outstanding character. Those who are selected to attend USMA receive a fully funded college education that is unparalleled in the world.
Upon Graduation and throughout your life, your degree will speak volumes about your abilities, character, and leadership. You will be part of a highly distinguished and internationally respected membership: Graduate of United States Military Academy at West Point.
Each Year, thousands of high school juniors Apply for Admission into United States Military Academy West Point, but only a few are accepted. In this guide, we will explore what you can do now to help you reach your dream of attending United States Military Academy at West Point.
United States Military Academy USMA West Point Admissions Guide
Five Steps you can take now to prepare for Admission to the United States Military Academy at West Point are
1. Earn high grades in courses that prepare you well for the future
- Enroll in college-preparatory program, and do what it takes to earn A’s and B’s consistently throughout high school. Your Academic program should include:
- Four Years of English, with a strong emphasis on composition, grammar, literature, and speech.
- Four years of Math, algebra, geometry, Intermediate algebra, and trigonometry.
- Two years of a foreign language
- Two years of laboratory science such as chemistry, biology or physics.
- One year of U.S history
- Courses in geography, government, and economics will be helpful as well, as will precalculus/calculus and basic computing.
2. Become a physically fit and participate in sports
To prepare for USMA’S rigorous military training, physical education, and intercollegiate and intramural athletic programs, make sure you have the necessary physical physical strength and endurance by:
- Playing vigorous competitive team sports
- participating in individual sport that require sustained physical efforts
- Running distance regularly
- Performing strenuous conditioning exercises – push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups
- The best way to prepare is to start off slowly and build on your physical accomplishments.
3. Seek out Leadership Opportunities | United States Military Academy USMA West Point Admissions Guide
Become a member of clubs and organizations in your school and community, and step forward when leadership opportunities starts in those organization. Student government, honor society, science club, JROTIC, scouting – whatever your interest – participate enthusiastically and help the group make a difference in the community. Ask your teacher and coaches to suggest ways you can be of service in the classroom, athletic filed, and community.
4. Tell your Parents about your goal of attending USMA
Share your plan with your parents and gain their support, point out to them the great opportunities a USMA education provides, including the ability to:
- Gain one of the converted academic degree in the world with the benefit of having your education fully funded.
- Follow in the footstep of some of America’s most successful individuals including generals and presidents as well as leaders of industry, medicine, and government.
- Receive Leadership training that prepares you for any challenge in life.
- Have guaranteed employment immediately after graduation and the honor to serve your country as a commission officer in the U.S Army.
5. Visit USMA with your parents | United States Military Academy USMA West Point Admissions Guide
The best way to find out if USMA is right for you is to see our campus in person. You can arrange a visit online at www.usma.edu/visit
If you visit during the academic year, you will meet with officers and cadets who will answer your questions. You will also tour our grounds with a cadet who will show you our housing, dine with you in our Cadet Mess Hall and give you a sneak peek at some of our classes.
In addition to taking a tour, your parents will also meet the coordinators of our active parents club, an excellent resource for cadets’ families. We encourage you to schedule a visit soon!
Kindly Share this information with your friends through your social media account Facebook, Twitter and Google+ ETC. use the share button. Drop your comment, question or contribution in the comment box.
United States Military Academy USMA West Point Admissions Guide – www.westpoint.edu