Apply for US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017 is on and you are hereby informed to apply for this great opportunity with a Salary Range of $32,844.00 to $87,893.00 / Per Year.
Job Overview – US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America’s Borders
A fully trained Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) is eligible for up to $35,000 in overtime pay. The starting salary for this position may be higher in certain duty locations, please visit the OPM website for information. If you select one of the following duty locations you may be eligible to receive an additional 25% of your salary each year for the first 3 years of employment on top of overtime pay. This incentive only applies to new federal employees and is dependent upon the availability of funds.
- Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales and San Luis, AZ;
- Calexico and San Ysidro, CA;
- Coburn Gore and Jackman, ME;
- Raymond, MT;
- Pembina (10% only) and Portal, ND; and
- Laredo and Presidio, TX
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the sole organization responsible for securing the nation’s borders. CBP employees protect our Nation’s borders from terrorism, human and drug smuggling, illegal migration, and agricultural pests while simultaneously facilitating the flow of legitimate travel and trade.
This is a career ladder position with a grade level progression of GS-5, GS-7, GS-9, GS-11, and GS-12. You will be eligible for a promotion to the next higher grade level (without re-applying) once you successfully complete 52 weeks in each grade level (with supervisor approval). For example you could:
- start as a CBPO in July 2017 as a GS-5 and make $32,844 – $67,844 per year*
- be promoted in July 2018 to GS-7 and make $40,684 – $75,684 per year*
- be promoted in July 2019 to GS-9 and make $49,765 – $84,765 per year*
- be promoted in July 2020 to GS-11 and make $60,210 – $95,210 per year*
- be promoted in July 2021 to GS-12 and make $72,168 – $107,168 per year*
US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
*Please note this example includes a range from minimum locality pay up to maximum potential salary with overtime earnings. Pay rates are based on the 2017 Rest of the United States salary table and do not take into consideration higher locality pay where applicable, recruiting incentive or yearly cost of living increases.
Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) is a polygraph-designated position. You must complete and pass a polygraph examination to be eligible for the position. If you are a Veteran and have a TS-SCI clearance, you may be eligible for a polygraph waiver. CBP may accept the results of a prior federal polygraph exam in lieu of a CBP polygraph exam. You may request reciprocity at the time of polygraph exam scheduling.
Duties: US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
The video: Securing America’s Ports of Entry emphasizes the importance of CBP Field Operations’ frontline role in helping CBP accomplish its mission. For more information on CBP’s mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at CBP.gov.
Being a Customs and Border Protection Officer makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Typical assignments include:
- Enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture law and regulations;
- Facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel;
- Conducting inspections of individuals and conveyances;
- Determining the admissibility of individuals for entry into the United States; and
- Preventing the illegal entry of individuals and prohibited goods and the smuggling of illegal drugs and other contraband.
Travel Required – Occasional Travel: Travel may be required based on operational needs
Job Requirements for US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
- You must successfully pass a polygraph examination
- You must successfully pass a background investigation
- Convictions of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are disqualifying
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position
- You must have resided in the U.S. for at least 3 of the last 5 years
- Referred for selection prior to your 40th birthday (waiver for veterans)
- You must meet job-related medical, fitness and drug-testing standards
- You will be required to work regular and recurring shift work
- You will be required to carry a firearm
- You must have a valid driver’s license
Qualifications for US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
The qualification requirements listed below must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
You qualify for the GS-5 grade level (starting salary $32,844 up to $67,844 with potential overtime) if you possess one of the following:
a. Three years of general work experience that demonstrates the ability to meet and deal with people and the ability to learn and apply a body of facts; OR
b. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or pre-accredited college or university; OR
c. A combination of successfully completed post-high school education and general work experience. This will be calculated using your resume and official or unofficial transcripts submitted with your application.
How to Apply for US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
Application Closing Date for US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017
All Application Closes Friday 3/31/2017
US Customs and Border Protection Officer Recruitment 2017 – Apply for US Customs and Border Protection Officer